For those interested in an enthralling side of
London's history ...or wishing to trace family roots
...or simply wanting an entertaining few hours
Join me, Stephen Burstin, on a wonderful journey to discover the fascinating story and rich heritage of London's Jewish community. With a choice of several tours - all taken at a relaxed and gentle pace - we shall stroll along the alleyways, backstreets and main thoroughfares of some of London's most interesting areas ...and I also offer tours that combine short strolls and travel in a comfortable minivan. (Watch the three minute film clip below about my tours) I give talks on Jewish London too! (see below)
I conduct tours all year with £10 public tours and reasonably priced private tours ranging from my award-winning Old Jewish Quarter tour to the amazing Hampton Court Palace with intriguing Jewish connections at the Palace too! (see details of my May 9th public tour to the Palace)
Visitors to London and locals also delight in London’s Famous Attractions ..with a touch of Jewish flavour - it’s really two tours in one, visiting iconic sites for their fascinating stories plus lots of incredible Jewish connections. For highlights of all tours, click below on My Jewish Tours, Hampton Court Palace/Windsor Castle and Stonehenge.
On all my conducted tours I recount heartwarming and heartbreaking tales about people and places. I will introduce you to colourful characters from the past and point out many sites of great interest …and some are little known sites! My tours are informative and entertaining and as one former client says on my Testimonials page: "You really don't have to be Jewish to enjoy Stephen's tours".
As a specialist guide of Jewish London with more than 25 years experience conducting tours, I will give you an insider's view (past and present) that is not found in any guide book. I delight in sharing my knowledge and enthusiasm for this lovely city, a legacy from my parents who gave me a unique insight into the amazing story of Jewish life in London where I was born. Please read a little about me and what a few former clients say about my tours by clicking below on About Stephen / Testimonials.
There are several ways to enjoy my tours:
- Public tours are pre-arranged on dates advertised from just £10 per person. I also conduct public tours for London's JW3. For dates of my various Public tours click below on Dates, Times & Contact Me and keep a regular watch for new dates of Public tours
- Private tours just for you. Reasonably priced and any day of the week - morning, afternoon and early evening. Can be tailored to your requirements, e.g. sites of personal family interest, tour length, catering for children, etc. For the range of tours click below on the various page titles. Ask about prices and details for Private tours by completing the form on the Dates, Times & Contact Me page. Or call me on one of the telephone numbers below
- Group private tours from as little as £7 per person. Ideal for social clubs, cultural institutes, synagogues, corporate events, office socials or friends and relatives wanting an entertaining few hours. My tours can be individually designed to cater for your group's requirements and I carry a portable amplifer and microphone so everyone can enjoy my commentaries. Click below on Testimonials for comments from the London Jewish Cultural Centre, Ilford Synagogue, a leading law firm and Jewish Women International
- School, University and Youth Club tours which are tailored in length, content and presentation to suit the different ages (and requirements). An educational experience in an entertaining format. For schools there are free post tour exercise sheets that are fun to complete. See what educationists say by clicking below on Testimonials
- Talks just like 'virtual tours' from the comfort of your seats and it's ideal for those who do not wish to (or cannot) come on my walks. I come to your synagogue hall, social club, school or even workplace and I bring along my own projection and amplification equipment. I provide five fascinating different lectures with film slides and music and the contents are the same as four of my popular tours. They are the Old Jewish Quarter; Willesden Jewish Cemetery; Jewish Heroes and Villains of London; and my London's Famous Attractions with amazing Jewish connections! See the highlights of each talk by reading about the walk ...click below here on My Jewish Tours My new talk is Jewish Rome based on my three years there conducting tours and the first is at JW3 on Monday, May 29th, 10.30am. For details click here